PC Building

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be my pc, If all these parts get good reviews, which I'm going to look up tommerow, for all the parts. Oh yea do I need any of the "maybe" parts?

get this ram instead! after the mail in rebate its cheaper than the one you picked. and its also much better. (tighter timings)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231032

there's also this set which is also great. its only a bit more expensive. but newegg ratings seem to be really high.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227210

either of those 2 are better than those corsair you picked.

for CPU, this one is only $11 more and much better value:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103539

video card: you didn't really link to one.. you just linked to a big list. tell us which one you're thinking of.

Hard Drive: try gettign a SATA hard drive. newer better faster technology. pretty much same price as old IDE hard drives.

powersupply that vaderpro suggested is excellent.

as for your maybe pile..

you don't "need" any of those.. but i'd probably get the thermal paste.. its supposed to be much better than the stock thermal pad provided on your heatsink.

why are you getting your dvd-wr from tigerdirect? you should get everything from newegg.. i think you save a bit on shipping... not sure tho.

as for the Maybe parts, if you are not going to OC, you definitely do not need an aftermarket heatsink, or thermalpaste, i think your heatsink comes with a thermal pad, which is enough if your not going to OC, and a floppy drive is in the past, if you wanna use a diskette, get a zip drive thingy majigy, not sure of the name.

all your parts look good. the only iffy thing would be the video card. if you're gonna be doing heavy duty gaming, you might need something better. it looks like a very good computer tho. if you're a casual gamer its good. if you do a lot of gaming maybe a step upto the 7600gt might be a good idea.

yeah i'd go with the 7600 as well. but if you'd be willing to, get the 790 0GT, it recently came in stock and is about $180 more, i no its asking a lot but, it will last you for a long time, and will be able to run Half Life 2, battlefield 2, COD2, Americans and all those are games, Smoothly on highest settings, but i cant say the same about either of the other cards you suggested.

as for capture card, go with a Hauppauge.

john why do you even suggest he buy a card thats triple his budget. its ridiculous. as far as i know the 7600gs is about equal to a 6600gt.. so i think the 6800xt is slightly better. 7600gs on the other hand is silent... but umm... the 6800xt should play those games very well... but probably not highest settings. Half Life 2 probably. if you want highest settings go for 7600gt. if you're okay in turning it down a bit for performance, then the 6800xt is good enough.

btw.. i found the xfx 6800xt to have a much higher memory speed but pretty much the same price. good newegg rating so they must not be that bad.. what do others think?

according to what most people on this forum say, the 7600 is better than the 6800. i'd go with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom