PC Build issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady21

Beta member
Hi all

I have recently built a computer from scratch, i have just added my final piece today, and upon starting up, the monitor recieves no signal from the PC. I have tested the monitor with my Laptop, and it works fine. I have re-seated all my components and that hasn't made a difference. What else could the problem be? it can't be a PSU problem as i have a 700W PSU so that should be more than sufficient. I'm inclined to say a motherboard issue, but i bought the mobo brand new, and stuff like the Fan and the DVD drive are working? please help.....

Brady

what gfx card do you have? does it require a power connection directly from the psu that you might've forgotten to hook up?

Like ^^^ said above if that is not the problem, try taking out the graphics card and booting using the onboard graphics to see if there may be an issue with the card.

Ok i'm slowly narrowing it down, I have turned on the computer with an open case, i can see that the CPU fan is working as well so that rules out a motherboard problem, but then when i open my DVD-RW drive, it only stays open for a matter of seconds and then closes. No my Graphics card doesnt have a power supply connection. I am using a Gigabyte GT220 1GB card. i am beginning to think this card maybe faulty?

No onboard GPU unfortunately: but this is what i'm working with -
Motherboard: Gigabyte S-series MA770T -ES3 CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 945
PSU: 700W 1TB Hard drive Memory: 1X KINGSTON 4GB 1XSAMSUNG 2GB (Both DDR3, which is compatible with my motherboard)

Thanks

Shorting? as in an electrical short. just took out the 4 gig dimm, doin the same thing. i can hear the fans goin and the hard drive spinnin, just nothin on screen. also i dont know if it could be a related problem but the LED of my FDD doesnt come on like my DVDRW drive?

No this is my first time building, but i am well protected against potential damage eg. static. I'm tempted to contact the distributor of the GPU and exercises my warranty, see if a replacement works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom