PC in attic!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam89

Beta member
hiya, im a newbie when it comes to actually gettin inside these computer things n pokin stuff n playing with wires and iv just found an old pc in my attic from about 1997 and was wondering if there was any info on how i could get it workin again n maybe upgrading few bits n pieces, just for a laugh reli.

there are very few useful details written on the hardware and was also wondering if anyone was familiar with any of the models and what their specs are. the details i have are:

graphics: Creative Labs Model Number CT6950

audio: Creative Labs Model Number CT4750

motherboard: ASUS P4B (i think)

dont really know what else its got in it. can anyone shed any light on the above 3? and anyone know any good sites for really rookie begginer builder?

thanks
:D

im new to this too, but for the motherboard check the asus website www.asus.com
and see if your motherboard is listed there, as it is from 1997 i expect it probably wont be, but if it is it will tell you what socket it uses and give u a lot more info on the motherboard.

liam

It mostly has a PC-100 motherboard in it. My system is pretty old I've had it for 5 years now so I would know of this old technology. The hard drive is probably 4 gig, your memory is probably 64-128mb of ram. The processor is probably in the low Mhz maybe 200Mhz. The socket will probably be a super 7 or socket 5.

Yeah, there's really no use for such an old computer. There's just about absolutely no use for such a system and putting money into it would be an absolute waste since most of those parts are now completely obsolete.

I highly doubt your system from '97 has a ASUS P4B motherboard in it. Here are the specs for the ASUS P4B motherboard:

Form Factor ATX
Compatibility PC
Chipset Intel 845
Compatible Processors Intel Pentium 4
Front Side Bus Speed 400 MHz Processor
Max supported CPUs qty 1
Memory Type SDRAM
Max Supported RAM 3 GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom