P5WD2 Premium and Antec Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandivine

Baseband Member
This MB, is it a 24 pin Main Power Connector. The instructions confuse me.
Heres some of what it says

Connectors: TruePower 2.0 is an ATX12V version 2.0 form factor power supply.
It has a 24-and-20-pin Main Power Connector (pic 1, pic 2), a 4-pin +12V Power Connector, five 4-pin
Peripheral Connectors, four 15-pin Serial ATA Connectors, and one 6-pin PCI-Express
power connector.

The pictures show the connector whole and also part of it broke away. I just pluged it in whole and it fits. But i want to be sure.
I don't want to burn anything up.
Thanks...Dan

ur mobo is 24 pin, the "whole" connector ur talking about is the 24 pin, thus 24 pin goes in the 24 pin, you would only break it apart if u had a 20 pin mobo.

Thanks, I feel better now. Maybe you can answer this.
When I install the memory the mb has two yellow slots and two black slots,
I am installing two chips ddr2, should I use the 2 black ones or the 2 yellow ones or does it make any difference as long as they are paired.

I know these sound like stupid questions but , my 1st build and a lot of money invested. I want it right...Thanks, Dan

No, the questions aren't stupid at all, we were all once there. As long as the memory is in the same color slot you'll be fine, because that way you wanna make sure that you're running in dual channel. Anything else?

Thanks for the kind words, no more questions right now but maybe a little later when I start connecting all those little wires hooked up to the front of the case (Antec Performance TX640B). Theres a bunch of them and no real instructions in the manual, just a few diagrams.
Dan

you may want to refer to your manual to run in dual channel, my mobo i have to put them right next to eac other slot 1-2 wwhich are green eand purple

Yeah should have mentioned it, it depends from model to model which colors make dual channel. Most common is the same colors but sometimes its different, ur mobo manual should tell you (in the memory section) which configuration is for dual channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom