P4 2.8ghz, what is AMD equivalent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as you're getting the new mobo to go with it, it should be fine. Looks like a pretty good deal.

What kind of memory do you currently have?

Thank you, I appreciate the help. Just wanted to make sure the AMD CPU would be similar to the P4 I was using. :)

Just wanted to make sure the AMD CPU would be similar to the P4 I was using

Actually, it will be faster. 3200+ = 3.2 P4 or better. But, if you game, it will perform even better than a faster P4.

The motherboard may slow you down a little, but you will definitely see an improvement in performance (64 bit > 32 bit).

Trotter said:
The motherboard may slow you down a little, but you will definitely see an improvement in performance (64 bit > 32 bit).

The mobo is actually really good but it's better if you are using a pci-e card,For some reason the board dosen't use agp to it's fullest,Since having the 939Dual-VSTA it's knocked off about 300 or so point's off of all my 3d-mark score's but haven't really noticed anything in game's,Other than that it's a good board and a really decent over clocker :D

Well, good to know I can always add a PCIE card to it one day :) And for now, I can keep from spending the extra cash.

Curious, how much of video encoding is actually done by the video card itself? Was going to make a new post about it, but I'll ask here first. Just wonder if that is more CPU and Ram then Video card...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom