P3 @ 800Mhz ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juice Daddy

Fully Optimized
I have just aquired a Pentium III at 800MHz (133 x 6.0)

would it be worth the money to buy a case and motherboard for it, I already have ram, HD, floppy, and cd drive that I could use...

surely it would only cost around $25 - $50 ?

Well, I have an old PIII 700mhz that my brother is using right now. It does just great at normal tasks such as email, word processing etc. It even plays ET pretty well with a FX 5200 :D

If you need a little side machine it would be worth it if you could get the parts for cheap...

On my P3 1.0GHz with 383MB RAM and a FX 5200, I could play BF2 on low without lag.

It was like a 1.5GHz P4.

Linux user? Want to try it? That'd be a good machine for that. Otherwise for just general use it's not so bad

DJ-CHRIS said:
Any proof, I doubt it ram wise...

The RAM ran it perfectly fine. On top of that, I was running it on Windows 2000 when XP was required. So not even the minimum reqs. are really minimum.

No proof. The computer has a STOP error on it right now, and I can't even boot in Safe Mode. Its been crapped up for a while and I didn't even know about CPUz when it stopped working.

Linux box could be kinda cool. Otherwise P3's still make great basic machines. The "new" pc I got for my mom is just a P3 800mhz with 256 ram and it handles internet and some kids games fine with Windows 2000.

I think I will use it for Mac OS X86 or some linix version...

does anyone know where I could get a P3 Motherboard and case for it really cheap.., maybe micro atx?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom