Overpricing PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, yes, I have done that a few times, just because i get fed up listening to some of the lies these people are told.... :)

But, I'm lucky, the store I work at has a geeksquad that actually knows what they're doing :D

... Just everyone else doesn't lol :)

i once heard a geeksquad employee telling a cust. that 100gb was insane amount of storage for him, btw he wanted a comp to make and edit dvd's home movies and watch hd stuff. he said "100gb thats a huge amount of space you problaly wont ever use all of that up in your lifetime."

He was going on and on and on for like 30mins telling these lies, I Finally got ****edand just told the guy that everything beng told to him was a lie, and i suggested he get a better processor,ram,gfx,and bigger hd, i offred to build one for him or tell him some sites where he coud choose what he wanted, and he said he would give it a shot.

As for the geeksquad guy he felt really ****ed/emberassed and told the customer I didn't know what i was talking about, and that he knew what he was talking about thats why he had the shirt on:). anyways he bought a pc online gave me 20$ on the spot for helping him and received some very nice calls from him telling me how i helped him and 10x.

Also I was thrown out of the store:)

$20 not bad I wonder what the that tech guy would say about my 6.75tb server then especially as it is for personal use by me and my friends lmao

When I go to BestBuy, i usually end up helping several people out. I have recommended newEgg umpteen times to people who were looking at optical .drives, hard drives, graphics cards... just about everything. I have even found a few employees who knew their stuff... not many, but a few.

Not trying to hijack the thread but sales people at best buy are A**ess. I went to get my dad a gift , and i got a glance of a 24inch lcd which was on special and i asked this sales guy in the comp department to bring it for me. He looked at one wall then looked for it were there definitely were no other lg boxes around and said sorry don't have it. I asked him can you please look out back he said nope i can tell from here if we have it or not. I said ok thnx then. So i was walking near the pcs looking at all the overpriced heaps of junk they had and saw what i wanted the last LG 24 inch lcd. got it and took it. IDK what that guy's problem was but he was a lazy SOB and i learned my lesson go newegg always no matter how tempted you get when you see a badass lcd up in you're face.

i once heard a geeksquad employee telling a cust. that 100gb was insane amount of storage for him, btw he wanted a comp to make and edit dvd's home movies and watch hd stuff. he said "100gb thats a huge amount of space you problaly wont ever use all of that up in your lifetime."

He was going on and on and on for like 30mins telling these lies, I Finally got ****edand just told the guy that everything beng told to him was a lie, and i suggested he get a better processor,ram,gfx,and bigger hd, i offred to build one for him or tell him some sites where he coud choose what he wanted, and he said he would give it a shot.

As for the geeksquad guy he felt really ****ed/emberassed and told the customer I didn't know what i was talking about, and that he knew what he was talking about thats why he had the shirt on:). anyways he bought a pc online gave me 20$ on the spot for helping him and received some very nice calls from him telling me how i helped him and 10x.

Also I was thrown out of the store:)

heheh wow gratz on that i would have done the same i have 1tb and i dont even do anything close to what that guy wanted to do and i already wasted 300gb just from installing 4 games 300 songs, and 50 scrub/the loop episodes.

Ive had similair problems with employees at a local Gamestop. The one person there was telling the customer that the PS3 was the best console out there at the time for her 9 yr old son.

I told her to get the kid a DS that already had an established line of games or get him a Wii if he wanted something just for the home.

Some of these people who get hired are either fools or have to follow some sort of company sales line.

Defenetly ive seen the same thing at my local game stop except in my case it was psp vs ds for a 4yr old.... The PS3 library sucks, so does the psp i have to import games from japans the ds would be the best gaming system for a 9yr old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom