overcoloking / motherboard / amd or intel

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxidation1

Solid State Member
ok, so im buying a amd athlon 64 3500+ now, i found a realy nice biostar motherboard, 2000 mhz fba hypeer transport geforce 6100 chipset. but i dono if a biostar is good enofe, one of my freands said biostar isnt all that grate what do you think??

second..

i have a msi ms-6070 socket 478 motherboard with a pentium 4 @ 2ghz... i wana push a little more power out of it but i dont wana damiuge it cause its goin gto my brother after i get my new motherboard and proccessor. cause iv been watching the cpu usage and i keep getting up there with my cpu %. like 90% and i dont wana get my multitasking get slowd down wene i was add 2 mroethings going at once

third... many people say intels better for multi tasking and amd is gameing and i tryly love intel BUT!!! take a look at this.....

http://www.cnet.com.au/desktops/pcs/0,39029439,40058761,00.htm

thank you, please help me (mostly ohn the overclocking thing)

You're not going to be able to overclock that P4 very far at all without heating upgrades. I think it's a northwood core, and those suckers aren't exactly legendary for overclocking. The first thing you should do to increase performance is maybe run Spybot Search & Destroy and kill most of your background spyware.

Ryan

DFI is the best for overclocking (AMD). Biostar won't go very far in comparison. You should get a 3700+, it only cost about $13 more.

ASUS and MSI are also good.

I guess 'good' is relative. Huge cooling setups isn't exactly economical. Maybe I'm spoiled by running a 630mhz overclock with stock cooling? Who knows. Either way...

Ryan

the northwood they used in that thing was under liquid nitrogen. case closed... They just get to hot unless you plan on spending at least $200 on a water cooling setup.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom