overclocking nforce2 IGP

Status
Not open for further replies.

backlashwave

Baseband Member
i have an MSI k7n2gm mother board with a total of 640mb of ram

128MB is for graphics and effectively leaves me with 512MB of ram

i would like to know if i could overclock the onboard GeforceMX-440
IGP or atleast extract more from it with out damaging it?

The only way you can overclock a IGP is too overclock the entire system, the CPU and RAM so that more Graphics information can be processed. It is not worth the trouble, invest in a stand alone card GF4MX won't be able to run much.....

The Motherboard you have also doesn't look like it would overclock very well so check NewEgg for a cheap card... Do you have an idea for a new card?

Apparently their is software that can open the video processor a bit more.... You will need find that out, a friend told me it is 'Power(something)" but he was trying it out on an old intel chipset. The chances of doing something nasty to your motherboard is pretty high though.....

I'd give it a miss, what do you use your pc for?

thanks for the reply.

basically i am doing my engineering,and when i am free i just play some games.

Okay well the program is called powerstrip, and it should be able to overclock the graphics processors.

Their isnt a very high risk to overclocking the intergrated graphics, but their is some.

thank you DJ-chris .
the power strip preogram works .i can overclock the IGP
but i have some more queries,since the graphics core is located on the
nothbridge does the temp shown by the mother board indicate the temp of the north bridge or how can i know if the north bridge is getting too hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom