Overclocking from 233mhz to 300mhz?? safe or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
WorldIndustries said:
Very, very rarely do bios setting on a laptop support overclocking.

Pretty dumb to OC a laptop, anyway...I don't think any laptops support OCing. Not exactly safe and you can't control the heat issue.

so thats a no?, i dont want to open up my laptop, and i dont want it getting hot, i had an old versa ages ago, and it was running at 90mhz, and it got really hot!

Pretty dumb to OC a laptop, anyway...I don't think any laptops support OCing. Not exactly safe and you can't control the heat issue.

you can overclock anything if the motherboard has the option to overclock but of course as you have said heat is a major concern plus it'll decrease your battery life. who would want to do that.

Yoad said:
Heres a question to you snake...

I've barley ever OCed so it might sound dumb to ya but... say my cpu wont reach an fsb of 300 when the default mutlplier is 15 and default stock fsb is 200, if i'll raise it like 5mhz at a boot and keep going like thatfor 20 boots, will then I will be able to reach an fsb of 300mhz? Or is that impossible and wont change the resaults?...

-Jo.

To answer your question, over clocking in increments doesn't make you able to over clock higher, it just enables you to reach the optimum oc level your computer will handle while being stable with out going way over, "trial and error". If your computer is stable at 300MHz, it doesnt matter if you get yourself there in increments of 5 or if you go from from 200 straight to 300, it'll be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom