Out with the Old In with the New !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jauc

Baseband Member
Wass up,

aight so im going to be buying a new computer soon (since my current one has eaten itself :p). Ive been around computers for a few years now and know enough to know what is good and what isnt..

but still, i am unsure as always about what motherboard to get.

ive read alot of reviews on motherboards and thought it would be good to ask what everyone online hear thinks.

im getting a AMD 64 3200+, so the mobo gotta be 939

Please post up what you think is the best motherboard for money, some pros and cons would really! be appreciated.

*one more quick question i would like answered. newegg.com, are those prices australian?*

Thanks in advance everyone.

*one more quick question i would like answered. newegg.com, are those prices australian?*

lol no.

tell us what type of mobo you need: agp? pci-express? will you be using SLI? or maybe even crossfire... that latter two are unlikely but still...

cyrax said:
Post a link to a good Australian retailer, and your budget, and we can work somethin out.

**** yer that would be sweet.

www.gamedude.com.au

Nvidia card though please.. i cant figure out if i want a high end 6800 or a 7800. Ill let you voice opinion on that with the price range. Actualy.. Make up the best proformance gaming computer you can with that price range. Keep it AMD 64 and Nvidia Video card. :D That would be a huge help

Price range : $1500 (no monitor,keyboard,mouse) I have a Tt 480wtt PSU thats still basicly new. Now wether or not you think that can stand up with new setup demands, throw in a new PSU into the list if needed.

thanks ey

so thats 1500 australian dollars, right? not american..

edit: oh and thats for the whole system right? mobo, cpu, gpu, hdd, case, ram, etc, right?

yep thats right. $1500 australian dollars (website is australian)

mobo, cpu, hdd, ram, video card, case ... extras if you think it will improove something.

thanks

cyrax's build looks good. i have to admit tho, that website is not very good. there's very few choices when it coems to computer parts. and the new series of cards are not there for some reason (7600gt) and should priced similar to the 6800gs but better performance. not sure when ausy is gonna pick that up, but i guess for now you'll have to settle for the 6800gs.

i'll give my own take on a build..

i can't link the way cyrax did, hehe.. donno hwo to take that upper frame out...

ASUS A8N5X NVIDIA nForce4 Chipset PCI express Audio 8 Channel LAN USB 2.0 $139

LEADTEK PX6800 GS Extreme Edition 256meg DDR3 Superior Spec, No Compromise! $329

AMD Athlon64 x2 3800+ 2.0Ghz 640k Cache Socket 939 RETAIL BOX $449

SONY 16x DVD Dual Layer DVD-RAM Burner OEM NO SOFTWARE DW-Q120A BLACK $57

CORSAIR TwinX 1gig x 2 (2gig) XMS3200 400mhz Matched Pair C2 $349

THERMALTAKE MAMBO BLACK Tower NO POWER 12cm Rear Fan Chassis MODEL :VC2000BNS-02 $89

Western Digital 80 gig 7200rpm SATA JD $75

total: $1487.00

have fun choosing.

edit: took out case/ powersupply since you already have one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom