Ouch. I just ordered a PCI-E Graphic card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
dhw200 said:
Actually, you can do a lot with $800. Since you've already got the video card...

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice
2 gigs of Value RAM
Antec ATX 2.0 PSU
120 gig hard drive
NEC 3540A optical drive

So where could I buy this? I'll basicly need the tower, and I'd rather have a computer company build it for me.

Well, if you want to have a company put it together, scratch the low prices. However, if you are willing to build it yourself, then you can buy any computer part you would ever need at www.newegg.com

don't forget www.monarchcomputers.com They're good people from what I hear. Seriously, if you're intersted, this is the place to learn about building a computer. It's much easier than you'd think, and then all your friends think you're way smarter than them because you put a computer together.

Ryan

Yea, hes using an XP 2400 and 512 MB of PC2100, so that should be failry cheap.

Id definitly go with Newegg over Tiger Direct. Also might want to check ZipZoomFly, as sometimes they have better deals than Newegg with free shipping

Nubius said:
you wont find a PCI version of a 6600GT, it doesn't exist.

I'd be highly surprised if there was one, but yeah, wouldn't count on it.

As far as PCI is concerned you wont find a card thats anywhere near as good as that one...not only is PCI crappy for graphics cards, but they aren't really up to date compared to AGP and now PCI-E

Strange, when I was shopping for my setup EVERYONE told me to avoid AGP at all costs. What's the deal? I mean I have a PCI graphics card and the graphics are nothing short of phenominal compared to before. Care to shed some light? btw, what is PCI-E?

Oh wait, maybe I'm an idiot. Does PCI-E stand for PCI Express? LOL, if it does I apologize, because I have this card: I assume that's a PCI-E?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150114

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom