Opinions please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PZEROFGH said:

Can you explain this a little more?

Thanks for your help!

Such as:

eVGA e-Geforce 6600 GT 128MB PCI-E GDDR3 w/ DVI, TV-Out ???

or

Gigabyte Geforce 6600 GT 128MB PCI-E GDDR3 w/ DVI, TV-Out??

either one is good, i would go wiht eVGA
then leadtek
then BFG
then gigabyte
then MSI

I love how someone wants intel and then people get upset cause its not amd. Anyways intels are perfectly fine for gaming and everything else. So do you still need some help?

As far as the video card go with a 6600gt, evga, leadtek or msi.

I would go with at least 380W of a quality power supply unit. Like this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103928

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103927

Seagate Barracuda Hardrives are considered the quietest and the most reliable.

http://www.memoryexpress.com/index....dProductDetail.php&DisplayProductID=5158&SID=

Like the person above, i'm getting aggrivated when every time someone says they wanna build a rig with an intel, everyone gets in their face about AMD, even if they say that they don't want it. Especially when this rig is NOT mainly for gaming, its for office application, internet, etc. (guessing a bunch of multitasking), exactly where the 2MB of L2 Cache are going to shine on the 630. So please, the man said he didn't want AMD, leave it at that.

I recommend something more than 300W for a PSU, the CPU itself uses up 84W so i'd leave myself a bit more room with the PSU. I'd recommend a motherboard with an intel chipset, (DDR2, thats where its headed), also instead of 512 consider 1GB of DDR2 (if u choose intel chipset), consider pqi Turbo DDR2 ($40 for 512, so get 2 sticks). Thats about it, take care man and good luck with the build.

<<We use the computer for MS Office, internet email and some gaming (Age of Empires III)>>

Outside of gaming there's no need for a new system. Save your $$$ and get an XBox.

GX1_Man said:
<<We use the computer for MS Office, internet email and some gaming (Age of Empires III)>>

Outside of gaming there's no need for a new system. Save your $$$ and get an XBox.

LOL an xbox... I have one too :cool: . But yea, AOE3 isn't available on xbox so therefore, that's out of the picture.

well since its buisness and you use MS Office alot..( it is a buisness right?) i wouldnt suggest a maxtor harddrive. they are known for dying :(

For Age of Empires III I would recommend a 6600GT. You would be better off with AMD, because a 3000+ still has enough grunt to run MS Office and internet stuff, Yet it will be better from a gaming perspective.
I would recommend the 3200+ or better and the 6600GT in combination for what you are doing.

EDIT:Missed a bit.

GX1_Man said:
Outside of gaming there's no need for a new system. Save your $$$ and get an XBox. [/B]

:amazed: :amazed: what??

In case you didn't notice the xbox is a copy of the PC the only diference is that you don't have to install the games..atleast yet....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom