Opinion on Graphic Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

skylinegtrv98

Baseband Member
Well I have finally decided to upgrade to a video card...I have been using my on board graphics card...and it has been great sofar....It allows me to run dual screens and playback 720p, and 1080p videos without a problem...but I am not really able to do any pc gaming...and I thought I would like to start trying some games...

So these are the two cards that I have in mind....

card 1.
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100253HDMI Radeon HD 4650 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Low Profile Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

card 2.
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100265HDMI Radeon HD 4830 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Any ways one of the main things I need out of a card is HDMI, because I use my 42" flat panel as one screen, and I also have a second primary 19"LCD...

Here is my mobo
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-US2H AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

and my power supply
Newegg.com - Rosewill Stallion Series RD500-2DB 500W ATX12V Power Supply - Power Supplies

if you need anymore questions on my build just let me know...thanks in advance for any advice.....I just wanna make sure that I am not going overkill with the more expensive card...but at the same time I don't wanna get the cheaper one if I will need to eventually upgrade in the future...This is just a computer that I am usually watching mostly movies...and will be trying to do some gaming...

Go with the 4830 for sure. If you were only doing a HTPC, the 4650 would be fine. Since you want to game, steer clear of the 4650 and snag the 4830. ;)

Yeah, and is at a very good price at $75.00, I don't see anything else in that price range to match or beat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom