Opinion on this build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, this build needs a lot of reworking. Here's a much better build for a little bit more money.

Newegg.com - Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TA790GX XE AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
Newegg.com - G.SKILL PI Black 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Green WD6400AACS 640GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive (bare drive) - Internal Hard Drives
Newegg.com - HIS Hightech H477F512P Radeon HD 4770 512MB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-450VX 450W ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies
Newegg.com - LG Black 22X (CAV) DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 22X (CAV) DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 22X DVD±R DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners

696.88 with shipping, then you get 40 bucks back in MIRs.

The x3 720 is the new tri-core, the 8750 is dated and slow in comparison. Also matched it with a good, inexpensive board that will support it.

The 4770 is on par, if not better than the GTS 250, and cheaper by a decent bit.

Got you a better kit of memory, the PI Blacks are some of the best RAM on the market for only 10 bucks more.

A much better HDD with more space, and a better PSU that will support everything.

The case is a really good deal, and it has free shipping. It's a highly recommended case around here, and will be loads better than the one you picked out.

You don't really need an extra sound card, the onboard on that mobo is pretty decent.

The total you had after shipping before was $689.37 with no MIRs, so with my build you are actually saving money after the MIRs. Even if you don't send in the MIRs, it's only about 5 bucks more for much better performance.

Ill use this and the Audio card, but is the audio card needed for Recording speeches, Music (that isn't coming out of the computer, but from microphones that isn't recorded), and running videos? I am going to ask the leader of the sound room about the audio card, I will most likely buy it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom