open box ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfredw1

Baseband Member
i bought a open box memory(ram) from newegg.com. 512mb of ram for a notebook. to you think it was safe to buy it?

it said on the webpage. it said it "OPEN BOX" meaning that some one bought before me and returned it.

I doubt they would resale RAM that is not working... I think you are fine. I would definetly run MEMTEST on it when you get it though...

Yeah let me know if its okay, I might do the same thing but buying a cheap vidoe card, i want to kno if thier reliable with that stuff. I dont want to buy a broken video card and not be able to return it.

they cant sell u things that dont work
its just like if someone bought something and found that it wasnt wat was needed or they bought it for the rong reason so they return it
u get the discount because as it says
the box has been opened

mophead740 said:
they cant sell u things that dont work
its just like if someone bought something and found that it wasnt wat was needed or they bought it for the rong reason so they return it
u get the discount because as it says
the box has been opened

http://www.newegg.com/home/Clearance.asp?Type=Clearance

You can get bad parts by open box, But you get 15 days to RMA.

Edit: only get open box items if its something you can test really well. for an example memory is fine, but a open box motherboard would't be a good idea, because it could take months for you to figure out something is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom