one questionnn.plz read - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 11:38 AM   #21 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Default Re: one questionnn.plz read

we only had to do off course, i wanted of mind doin in full cos its an extra gcse, its the easiest exam i took. i better be off got work bck about 8pm cya pal

Old 08-15-2007, 12:19 PM   #22 (permalink)
Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to phucng_10 Send a message via Yahoo to phucng_10

Sodaen, are you talking about the RAM? "2000 megabytes to 4000 megabytes"? If you are talking about the RAM's, there is no need for 4GB of RAM if you're just going to use your computer for some gaming, surfing web, chatting, and such. 4GB of RAM is only required if you're planning to do video editing, and some crazy photoshopping. Otherwise, there is no need to get 4GB of RAM.

Old 08-15-2007, 01:17 PM   #23 (permalink)
Everything to Nothing

Send a message via MSN to Nick

c ya jay, yup theres no point in 4gigs, 1 is averagem 2 is plenty 4 is stupid, above 4 is pointless unless u do CAD
Old 08-15-2007, 02:10 PM   #24 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodaen View Post
In the Advanced Tab. Under performance you see Settings, click that. Now again go to advanced, processor scheduling would be best as Programs for gaming, and memory usage would be best as Programs for gaming.

I also recommend for good gaming, change virtual memory from automatic swap to custom from 2000 megabytes to 4000 megabytes.
I don't agree. The less paging file it uses, the better. Simply beause RAM is much, much faster than hard drives are.

I have paging file completely disabled on my PC (I have 2GB RAM, and am running XP Pro with SP3)

For example, If I alt+tab out of a game, it's really fast getting back to the desktop. Most of the time, it's almost instant.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:30 PM   #25 (permalink)
True Techie

Yeah it is arguable, and won't help for every game. I just know games that "randomly create maps" such as Command & Conquer take more kindly to it. It's still not very good.

I guess if you're computer was super sweet, then you wouldn't have to worry about it, I only have 512 megabytes of RAM. I gotta find abstract methods unfortunately.

Also, it aint all that bad if you got a decently fast, constantly defragmented hard drive. There's a lot of things to take into consideration. In most areas I do not recommend such a large fake RAM cache.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:09 AM   #26 (permalink)
Everything to Nothing

you shuold et more ram, going from 512mb to 1gb makes one **** of a difference
Old 08-16-2007, 07:15 AM   #27 (permalink)
True Techie

Aint no doubt in my mind dude. Well, for me, I don't really play intense games. I don't like those graphic intensive games. I just like to build a city and tycoon off their work. Gotta upgrade for Settlers 4 though, that's a game I'm waiting for boy.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:17 AM   #28 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

yea i agree i had to give 1gb to my dad and i could tell the decrease in the performance, still havent got it back, its 1 of them "i will give u bck in a week or so" its been about 9 or 10 months lol
Old 08-16-2007, 07:18 AM   #29 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Call of duty 2 is the best game i ever played on but you do need a really good graphics card and it has about 13 graphics card on the back of it what only work with it
Old 08-16-2007, 07:52 AM   #30 (permalink)
Everything to Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodaen View Post
Aint no doubt in my mind dude. Well, for me, I don't really play intense games. I don't like those graphic intensive games. I just like to build a city and tycoon off their work. Gotta upgrade for Settlers 4 though, that's a game I'm waiting for boy.
i used to like those kind of games like age o empires but they got tedios and repetitive for me so now im into call of duty, batlefield2 and fifa 07

Closed Thread