One Question, please help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im afraid not, Youre best off getting a new system, pretty much PCI wont help, as there is such a bottleneck, an extra 512 could squeeze 2-3 more FPS out of WoW, but not much. Id look into a new system i'mm afraid:(.

Aww.. Well Thanks for the help :) I might still buy an extra 512, just for that little boost in performance, and whenever I buy a new PC, I can always reuse the RAM i buy.

The RAM will help overall performance, but probably not the problem you have.

Since you only have PCI slots, you are topped out as far as what card you can get. You'd have to replace your motherboard to get a better card... and if you're going to do that, you might as well replace the whole system.

If you don't feel like you could build, buy a pre-built one (check here before you buy, of course) and pop in a decent graphics card.

But, try the RAM first and see what it does for you.

Alright, I'll look into getting another 512 tommorow, just wondering is there any RAM I could buy that wouldnt be compatible with my motherboard?

It has PC2100 DDR RAM. Get PC2100 or better. PC3200 will probably be the cheapest and most readily available. PC3200 is faster, but your computer will downclock it to match the PC2100.

Just DO NOT get DDR2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom