OMG Pls help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

e8ghtball

Beta member
Hi I recently bought a Intel p4 531 3ghz cpu with 800mhz fsb/hyperthreading lga775 cedar mill processor and need to know what motherboards are compatible with it I bought the asrock conroe 1333-d667 motherboard but cant get the cpu door to close after putting in the cpu and it is nor a pin 1 problem as I have checked this already any help is greatly appreciated

Have you checked to see if it's seated all the way down? There's the edges with the hooks that line up with the hooks on the socket. But I think that P4 is LGA775 too. Peter helped a guy out a few days ago, he had a similar problem. His P4 wasn't working because it wasn't the right motherboard but right socket.

The motherboard and cpu are compatible. are you putting the chip in in the proper direction? there is an arrow to show you the proper direction. The LGA775 chips dont really have pins that can be broken like older chips. I found once they were installed that the "door" was a little harder to close than other chips but it would close.

him feels really odd with the ammount of pressure I would have to put on it the arrow does match up with the missing pin and the 2 notches also match up

like when the cpu door is closed on top it is not very flush it is at a upward angle and doesnt seem like it fits properly

Thank you all for your quick replies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom