Need a new computer since my Sony VAIO's power supply went out and it's useless to spend $200 for Sony's repair service, and an ATX power supply is kinda tricky to pick out for this thing, I'm buying some ATX parts and moving the rest of the Sony VAIO parts into it.
Here is what I will be getting:
- CPU Cooler
- Power Supply
- Graphic Card (maybe)
And then I'll put in all my older hardware from my Sony VAIO:
- 2 SATA HDDs
- 1.5 RAM (3 chips)
- Sound Card (5.1 surround supported)
- Pentium 4 with Hyper-Threading
- 2 DVD drives
- Cheap TV Tuner
- 5-in-1 Card reader
- Floppy Drive (doubtfully)
I am then planning on upgrading slowly, like:
- Graphics Card (If I don't get one now)
- Intel Quad-Core
- Good TV Tuner or something that would do the trick (haven't looked into it yet)
- Sound Card (maybe)
Here are those new ATX parts I am looking at right now:
- Case: COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-UW Black Aluminum Bezel, SECC ATX Mid Tower
- Motherboard: MSI P6N SLI Platinum LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard
- CPU Cooler: ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler
- Power Supply: OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI ATX12V 700W Power Supply 100 - 240 V
- Graphic Card (maybe): EVGA 256-P2-N624-AR GeForce 7900GS 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 KO Video Card
I don't want to spend too much and $400 is pushing it, but since I will later on be upgrading, I'd like to get solid parts that will last.
I will be using the PC for everything including video producing, music producing, gaming, and web development, not all at once however.
I could really use some feedback and maybe some recommendations. And if I forgot something else I might need, or if anything that I am looking at will not work with one or another part, please let me know. This is my first custom built computer so I maybe making mistakes. Thank you.