Ol' School help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puddingstomp

Beta member
I need some help with rebuilding an old computer of mine. It's a Dell Dimension XPS 450, and I'm clueless as to how to rewire the thing. When I started, it the entire computer was hollowed out except for the motherboard and fan. So far the only things I've managed to accomplish in it was to get the powersupply working to the motherboard, and put back in the video card, sound card, etc.

What I really need help with is knowing which power cables go into which drive (CD, floppy, hard).
If anyone could help me out with this, you'd definitely get my (as well as my brother's who will be using the computer) thanks.

Thats easy do a search on google for setting up your peripheals to your motherboard. example ? go to google and type building PC for the first time or A+ PDF manual.

just take the IED cables the ribbon ones and put them into the drives the floppy will be labeled

there is only one type of molex plug that will go into your cd rom and hdd. all ur cdroms and hdd's use the same connector. and the floppy is not hard to find. if you really want more help google it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom