Ok tell me if I have this right...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the help everyone! I guess my final question is once I get the new power supply is there anything special I need to do while installing it? My fear is that I'm going to short something out like I did last time. I don't know what I did wrong last time, but I don't want to repeat it. I checked out YouTube and all they show is how to plug this cord into that and make sure you are grounded by touching the case etc... I know all that, and did that last time but still fried the MoBo… I don't know, maybe I'm just being paranoid. If anyone has any pointers I would appreciate it.

As long as you know how to ground yourself, you should be fine :) If you're not entirely confident, you can get anti-static wristbands so that you don't need to worry too much.

I installed my power supply flawlessly and my PC runs 1000X quieter. My 1GB GeForce GT 240 runs like butter. I maxed out both Modern Warfare 2 and Starcraft 2... not so much as a twitch in the graphics in either game. I managed to score an ESD band from work today and worked on the kitchen counter so I wasn't standing on the carpet. I got it all hooked together (without shorting it) and it runs like a dream. Thanks again for all the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom