Was this an ok deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Mar

Solid State Member
Just purchased a new Toshiba Notebook that was on sale and ended today.. So I had to make a quick decision. I will be using this for school and maybe burning dvd's and playing some music. Not much gaming will be done. I ended up paying 740 bucks total.

Was it a good deal or is there any better laptops out there for that price? Bellow is the product info.

Thanks

Intel® Centrino® mobile technology with interrelated Intel® Core™ Solo processor T1350, Intel® 945GM Express chipset family, Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG network connection (802.11a/b/g) and extended battery life capability

512MB PC4200 DDR2 SDRAM for multitasking power, expandable to 4GB

Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video using compatible DVD+R DL media; also supports DVD-RAM

15.4" WXGA TFT-LCD widescreen display with TruBrite technology and 1280 x 800 resolution

100GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 rpm)

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950 with 8-128MB dynamically shared video memory; Intel® High Definition audio and SRS TruSurround XT and SRS WOW audio enhancements; S-video output

Express Media Player with CD/DVD control buttons, including play, stop, skip forward and skip back

5-in-1 bridge media adapter supports Secure Digital, MultiMediaCard, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO and xD-Picture Card

i.LINK (IEEE 1394) port and 4 high-speed USB 2.0 ports for fast digital video, audio and data transfer

Built-in Intel® PRO/100 VE 10/100Base-TX Ethernet LAN with RJ-45 connector; V.92 high-speed modem

Weighs 6 lbs. and measures 1.5" thin for easy portability; lithium-ion battery and AC adapter

Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 operating system preinstalled; software package included with Microsoft Office OneNote 2003, InterVideo WinDVD Creator 2 Platinum, Sonic Solutions RecordNow! Basic and more

Microsoft Windows Vista Capable — learn more

Yeah, I definitly wouldn't worry about it.

I'd say thats an average/fair price for it. They definitly didn't rip you off. The only thing I can think of is maybe more ram, but for what you say you'll be using it for 512 will do just fine.

Oh and of all the laptop cpus out there, I think the core solo is the best one.

Well I may have made a good or bad choice.. lol Since the Toshiba I bought was on backorder I decided to cancel it and order one that I could get within the next few days instead of weeks..

I ended up paying a little more but seems like it has more to offer.. Only thing I was worried about is going from the core solo processor to the AMD Turion 64.. I hope that the AMD Turion 64 processor will be as good.. This is what I changed my purchase too.

Gateway Notebook with AMD Turion™ 64 Mobile Technology ML-34

AMD Turion™ 64 mobile technology ML-34* for AMD64 performance in a thin-and-light design; HyperTransport™ and AMD PowerNow!™ technologies and Enhanced Virus Protection for Windows XP SP2

1GB PC2700 DDR memory for multitasking power, expandable to 2GB

Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video using compatible DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL medi

AMD64 technology provides simultaneous support for 32-bit and 64-bit computing, including today's 32-bit applications and tomorrow's 64-bit software; 1MB L2 cache memory for efficient processing while multitasking

15.4" WXGA TFT-LCD widescreen display with Ultrabright technology

120GB hard drive (4200 rpm)

ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M chipset with integrated ATI RADEON X300-based graphics and 64MB shared video memory

4-in-1 digital media manager supports Secure Digital, MultiMediaCard, Memory Stick and Memory Stick PRO

IEEE 1394 (FireWire) interface and 4 high-speed USB 2.0 ports for fast digital video, audio and data transfer

Built-in high-speed wireless LAN (802.11b/g) with SecureEasySetup and 125 High Speed Mode; 10/100 Mbps Ethernet LAN with RJ-45 connector; V.92 high-speed data/fax modem

Weighs 6.3 lbs. and measures 1.4" thin for portable power; 6-cell lithium-ion battery

Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 with Update Rollup 2 operating system preinstalled; software package included with CyberLink PowerDVD, RealNetworks RealPlayer, Microsoft Digital Image Starter Edition 2006 and more

Microsoft Windows Vista Capable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom