Ok, build critique

Status
Not open for further replies.

COD2_fanatic

Daemon Poster
since my other thread about was getting to long to post this and had a completely different title relating to my question i'm starting a new one.

Ok, since i start mowing grass next week (Make money!! :D ) that means i can start saving and selling off some of my old parts, i've been looking to build a new comp, now, heres what i have so far.

Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+(65W) Windsor 2.0GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 Processor - Retail

Newegg.com - MSI K9VGM-V Socket AM2 VIA K8M890 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Desktop Memory - Retail

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100195L Radeon X1650 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

Newegg.com - Antec NSK1300 Black/Silver Aluminum / Plastic MicroATX Desktop Computer Case 300W Power Supply - Retail

I know the board is a Via chipset but it offers everything i want and isnt really that feature less (my only gripe is only 2 RAM slots but i can live with it). As for the video card thats what i'm planning on getting, i may switch it to a low end Geforce 8 series depending on how they go.

As for Optics and a Hard Drive, i already have them and i know that my HD is only an 80GB but i have external drives for storage.

Looks good.

Will a 300W handle that GFX card? I didn't llok too close to see.

I looked at the MSI and Apollo versions of that card. They call for 350+ and 400 to be safe. I guess try it and see.

hmm, well, i suppose i'll switch the 3800 to the 65w version to save power. Although it should handle it its not like i'm going to be running a crap load of other stuff, just a HD and an Optic and probably not even a sound card.

So i would say overloading it should not be a problem but, if worse comes to worse i can see about changing the PSU to something else

EDIT: ...well, my xfire thing is screwed up.... i've played 319 hours of Counter Strike Source not.....Hello Kitty!? WTF!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom