Oem

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggjoee5790

In Runtime
i just realized that the dvd burner i ordered is OEM. what does that mean? did i order the wrong thing? i know it stands for original equipment manufacturer but what does that mean for me?

If its a custom built computer then it doesn't affect anything. If you buy a name brand computer and don't put an OEM part in it, it could void the warranty.

oem means that u just get the hardware itself. no box, accesories, or any extra stuff that u would get from a retail version. and not much of a warranty too depending on the manufacturer

oo ok.. well im pretty screwed cause i think the drive i got OEM has a different interface then my mobo.. i hope newegg can exchange it. im so pissed i was hoping to get my pc together by tomorrow.. guess thats out the window.. ughhhhh :(

yah..ur drive is an IDE and ur motherboard has an IDE connection...well since u bought an OEM drive, u won't get the IDE cable

ok thanks alot.. i just dont see in the mobo specs where it says it has an ide connecter. is it written somewhere else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom