OCZ modstream PSU--compatiable with a Dell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

areeves1

Beta member
First I would like to say hello!--im new in these forums and I and hoping that I can help anyone, to the greatest extent possible, with anything pc related. Having said that, I appeal to anyone who exceeds my very infintestimal knowledge of computer hardware; I am deciding on upgrading my ATI x800XL (AIW) to an ATI x1900GT. To perform such an upgrade requires that I obtain a new power supply unit. Current I have a PSU that produces a total of 305W. Here are the specs of my computer:

MANU--DELL
TYPE-- DELL E510
PROC--INTELL PENT. D 3.0GHZ
MEM--1GB
HD--160 GB

I have two questions. My first question is, will my E510 BTX type case accomodate an OCZ ModStream PSU (520W) without damaging any indigneous hardware? My second question is, if the PSU upgrade goes well and I have no problems, and I upgrade the x800 to the x1900GT, will I need additional cooling fans? I express this concern because the OCZ PSU, coupled with the x1900GT, will generate more heat and the E510 case is small, which leads me to be concerned with ventilation issues.

PCP&C are usually very expensive. I think he should probably contact Dell technical support about it.

Might not be related to this issue, but I replaced a PSU on a Compaq computer last week with a generic one, and it worked fine...

there is no way i am going to buy that crap from powerpc...it is way overpriced! doesnt even have the 28A that i need for my new graphics card! i went to the dell communit forums last night and saw that several people have placed OCZ's in thier BTX type E510 cases with no problems what so ever (other than voiding thier warranty). had i known about this issue beofre buying the pc i would have NEVER chosen a Dell! needless to say this is the last dell i will ever buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom