nvidia g80's

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
anybody know anything about the nvidia g80's .. cuz i know not much is said about it, but i have read they are going to use gddr4... i'm hoping thats true.... and that it may be out april... (which i highly doubt...) and what i really wanted to know was... with that coming out this year... along with windows vista, i wanted to know if i should just buy a 6800 gs, instead of a 7800gt, only because this g80's coming out this year. And if i do buy it, would it be able to hold me off with games until then??

just some review i've read..

NVIDIA'S NEXT generation graphic remains a well protected secret. We still managed to get some information about it, despite that.
We confirmed that G70 is the real thing and we learned that Nvidia has one more chip down the road codenamed the G80. We expect it to be based on 90 nanometre and have more pipes than NV40. We don't think that it will be dual graphics core stuff but you never know, you kow.

We suspect this card should be ready sometimes in September time even some people suggested April as a possibility. But we believe that April is just a poisson d'Avril, or mayhaps a red herring.

Nvidia and its partners are quite confident that they have the right thing but ATI has strong R520 horse for race. Let's see what the future brings. µ

Graphics goes for GDDR4 memories
In 2006

Tuesday 20 September 2005, 09:56

FASTER CLOCKS and cheaper to produce things is the motto of each and every memory transition. This is exactly what is going to happen to graphic memory as GDDR3 is slowly reaching its top notch.

Once announced, GDDR4 will start working at the similar speeds of top GDDR3 chip but it will use less wats and will be easier and cheaper to produce. At least thats the plan. SO you can imagine that this memory should start around 800MHz efficiently 1600 MHz if not even higher.

However this memory will be different from GDDR3 so we dont think that each graphic chip out there supporting GDDR3 will be able to support GDDR4 memory. This memory will require some memory controller modifications, I guess so I don't expect that older cards will support this new and possible quite pricey memory.

The first chip that we are aware of to be using this memory will be next years Shader Model 4.0 Nvidia chip known as G80. µ

can't wait for this g80!

The G80 chip will be a must for Windows VISTA based gaming PCs. Im already saving my cash for an entire new rig that I will build with the release of Vista and it will have a G80.

This may be a dumb question but is the G80 NOT] the Geforce 8800? If so then are they going to continue naming future cards Geforce ____ after the G80 and other cards come out?

yeah, I think they really have something up thier sleeves this time. I'm predicting a substantial advance in the world of graphics. I see it as pressure from consoles to keep up. They're going to do it. I also think it might be a big secret from a marketing standpoint. If they really do have a reasonably priced (yeah right... reasonable is relative) card coming with mega-power, then they wouldn't flaunt it. People would sit on their hands and wait for the new card. Then they would sell approxamately 0 of their high-end cards. Just a theory though...

I wonder what they're going to cost. I won't be buying anything that lands between my x700 and these R80's. It's my next step.

Ryan

I think it another 2004 in terms of graphics. Remember how the NV40 was so good it wiped the floor and left the FX series and the Radeon 9800 series in the dark, while the G70, while a signifficant upgrade from the NV40, is nothing like the jump from FX5900 Ultra to 6800 GT.

i dunno.. this is an assumption so correct me if i'm wrong.... it sounds like they're trying to compete with that xbox 360 graphics card... which has 40 pixel pipelines.. or something like that (don't think thats stated in the review up there) ... so does that mean they're going to shoot for higher??? (i would naturally assume that -_-) cuz if so.. then dear jesus, thats insane!

well i know i'm gonna be one of those people waiting for it... which is why i decided to downgrade my 7800 gt.. to a 6800gs... save me the money to but it the day it comes it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom