nvidia 6800 256 mb

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
just a regular 6800 256mb... is it anygood.... its clock speeds are very slow, so i'm guessing now, i have doubts it can really use its full 256 mb with those low speeds... my friends bro bought one, and i need to convince him that his card sucks..... well not sucks, but isnt as good as the 6800gs i have... otherwise it might shaft me from a computer sale.... i can't find any review for it.. only the 128 mb.. and i'm talking about the pci-e version as well... just post what you think about it.. and please, support your ideas, be very specific

I had the 6800 128mb one for nearly a year and only once I found it needing more than that, and that was in BF2 where it stuttered from not having the textures on the card (not due to lack of ram, as I had 1.5gb's.)

Remember the 6800 has 12 pixel pipelines, but it is compareable to the 6600gt (but slightly better and performance isn't lost as much at lower resolutions.

The speed of it really wouldn't have anything to do with whether or not it uses up all 256mb of it's VRAM. The texture data of the game is what decides that. That's why Doom3's "ULTRA" setting was meant for 512mb cards because that's how much texture data was put through when using that setting.

Just remind him that yours has the latest GDDR3 memory (not that that makes a HUGE difference by any means, but it sounds fancy and convincing :p )

but the 6800GS would definitely beat out a regular 6800.

It basically goes

6800GT
6800Ultra

The 6800GS is basically equivelant to a 6800GT, generally pretty dang close if not better in stock conditions, but once you overclock that thing, it can surpass the 6800Ultra which the 6800 regular simply can't do.

I know there were benches when the 6800GS was supposed to first come out and it was getting like 6500 in 3dmark05 when it OC'd to some pretty massive speeds.

Just tell him the 6800 is barely above a 6600GT and yours is closer to a 6800GT and if overclocked can be the same if not better than a 6800Ultra and mention the whole GDDR3 thing and whatnot as well.

I'm pretty sure that 6800 doesn't have GDDR3 anyway.....but if he's not computer savy you can just say that anyway :p

By the way I want 10% of the sale as commission for helping you out :) muahahahaha

no, it is gddr3, i looked at his case, its an evga 6800

here is an article... just found it :p

http://www.cooltechzone.com/index.p...mg=?img=67&kbid=1557&version=Eng150x150051108

oaky.. nevermind forget what i've said.. my friend has corrected me, it is only regular ddr... okay the gddr3 reason can convince him enough

ya.. this guy im' selling to is a complete moron, he bought that graphics card pci-e when his mobo doesnt have pci-e.... pretty funny..... so i made him a deal that i'd sell the compaq w/ my 6800gs for 500 bucks and his 6800 so i can start building my bro's computer.... that 500 dollars is going to a nice lil monitor.. time to throw out the ol' crt :)

well it appears my friends brother is an idiot... he says my compaq with 1 gb of ram and a 6800gs runs like his comp... which only has 512 ram and a nvidia 6200.... my god, this guy is an idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom