From NVida 6100 to ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterJace

Beta member
I'm looking to upgrade my graphics card.

I have an Nvidia 6100, I imagine isi ntegrated. AMD 3500 which is like 2.2 Ghz or something with 1.5 gigs of RAM. I'm looking to buy a second fan to minimize the current overheating issue. But what graphics card should I upgrade to for maximum performance. I was thinking of oging full forward 9600 but considering my processor is somewhat outdated, and that I hear installing fast GFX cards into low power supplies will underclock it, I'm wondering how far I can go.

A 6100 chipset should have a PCI-E slot (unless it has been gutted). Your PSU will be the biggest limitation on you... unless you replace it with one that will handle the card you choose.

What is your total budget, too?

Well, here's a cpu-z report if it helps.

CPU-Z 1.44.2 HTML report file

As for the PSU, I have no idea or how to check.

Oh, and for budget. The most I'll blow is maybe 120. I have alot more, but there's no point in investing too much on a PC that will have such an 'ancient' processorin a year or two. Just looking for a way to play modern games until I get some money.

Would that huge thing really fit into my computer? Wow. And yeah, I upgraded my RAM a while back, which is causing the overheating problem.

IMO Newegg.com - Galaxy 96GFF6HUUEXV GeForce 9600 GT OC 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Might need a better PSU, which won't be TO costly, also a RAM upgrade could help a lot, go to 2gb if possible...

2gbs of decent DDR ram is what...like $100?

PSU would be $50, then $85 for the card...

You're reccomendation is rather pricy. :p

Maybe someone should ask what games he wants to play, then find him a card that will work on a 300w processor and play those games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom