Noob needing help upgrading Comp. $250 budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
soo i can just get all of that except for teh power supply and my computer will run perfectly fine right?

but i am probably will get the graphics card for free.

Why except for the power supply? I said theres a chance that your power supply would need to be upgraded as well, to power the new system.

ha ha...uhmm why what? why not get the power supply? because if my current comp can power that then i don't wana buy another >.< lol.

You have a dell right? Chances are the power supply in that will not be able to power your new computer, besides I wouldn't risk it even if it is cutting it close.

256 mb ram? thats unstuitable for XP!!! ur first upgrade is to get 768mb-1 gb ram,when i went ram shopping on ebay, there was really good 512 mb stick for 18$ try and get that.... u got 768 mb, then try for another 512 mb stick and u got 1.25 gb ram (i assume u have 3 DIMM slots like my system here)

also halo 2 requires a geforce 6600 or Nvidia equivilaent or better GPU, 1 gb ram plus 4 gb hd space.... 2.0 ghz P4 min, 3.0 ghz P4 RECOMMENDED.... BUT IT WOULD BE BETTER GETTING ANOTHER 250$ AND GET A:

biostar tforce550
x2 3600+ brisbane
2 GB RAM
7600 GT
Reuse ur old case
add an extra PSU

dam straight man i "stole" ur idea :) lol but its a butt kicker for the price.... thank our good buddy Sora for "edumacating" us... gotta love that "edumacation"

okay after talking to my mom i might have a tighter budget..
i need the bare MINIMUM to play halo, guild wars, and counter strike.

i know the RAM stuff is needed, so no need in reminding that. I need a new graphics card, got that down. If i only get those will it still run it all fine?

why would i need a new harddrive? just not enough total memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom