Noob needing help upgrading Comp. $250 budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea i really can't get a new comp, i might be able to get a new graphics card for free but i'm not sure yet, what kind would i need? as for ram, i know i need more..how much is a 2gb stick then just $100?

My friend has a 2000 Gateway that runs PERFECTLY!!! he says 5GB of ram but idk bought that lol...with a graphics card that is about $300..so how is mine out of date and not worth keepin up? If i just update it, wouldn't it be fine with liek 2-3 Gigs of RAM, new graphics card and protection prgrams? I mainly use my comp for forums, Ipod, School, some games but want to play mooooore!

few other questions...
* How do i completely reboot my computer so that it clears EVERYTHING?

*What kind of graphics card should i get to play Halo & Counter strike? mabey Guild wars...

*What Virus,spyware,firewall protection hardware do you suggest?

*to use this computer about 3-4 more years how much RAM should i buy?

*where can i go (site) that i could costum order a computer for school and gaming for $500 or less

To completely erase everything, you just have to reinstall Windows.

A 7600GT would play those games nicely.

1 gig of ram is fine for the games you'll be playing.

Ad-Aware is a great free program to remove adware and spyware. Theres also AVG.

You're going to use this computer, for 3-4 more years?

Your computer is out of date and not worth keeping up, considering how fast technology updates.

Honestly, gaming does not need anything over 2GB of RAM currently. The video card is where the real system stress (and high $$) come into play. I have to agree with the others though, your system is pretty dated and upgrading it barely seems worth while, expecially since Vista alone will run you almost $200 for the low end verion (which in and of itself is not really worth it). Jus hold onto what you have and save up a bit for a better overall computer that will be worth your time to upgrade as you actaully need from year to year.

yeah keeping your current system for another 5 years!!

.......dude

Give us your budget and we will put together a system that fits the budget...only catch is that you must fit it together yourself...but it's QUITE easy...also a great learning experience.

To completely erase everything, you just have to reinstall Windows.

A 7600GT would play those games nicely.

1 gig of ram is fine for the games you'll be playing.

Ad-Aware is a great free program to remove adware and spyware. Theres also AVG.

You're going to use this computer, for 3-4 more years?

Your computer is out of date and not worth keeping up, considering how fast technology updates.

soo...if i buy that, would it come with more RAM? or don't i have to go buy a new RAM chip.

If i buy that hard drive, 2 GB of RAM, and protection software...wouldn't my computer be up to date?

why is windows Vista so good? i looked it up a lil and i acually saw some complaints but i heard there are some games you can't play with windows Vista!! Whats it do that is so great?

the way i see it..the hard drive is about $100-150, Ram is about $50-100, and protection software is free because my parents are buying it. but if i do acualy need windows Vista then thats $200. All of that adds to at the most, $400, so why go buy a new computer for $500 when i can save $100 bucks. How much better would a new computer be then?

sorry about all the questions..i just wana save money and play games :umm:

Budget-->about around $350 for mods or w.e. but if i were to sell it then 350 + what ever i can sell my comp for, mabey $150-200?

A new computer would be leaps and bounds better than your current one....even one built on a 500 dollar budget.

As for Vista...nah you don't need it and on a budget computer gaming wouldn't be that great if you were running vista anyway....

Also there are some very good free antivirus/protection programs out there....Avast! is one....and Ashampoo Firewall is a free firewall.....

If you were to buy a totally new computer, it would have 2 cores (each core being faster than your cuurent processor) and also be much more upgradable in the future.

As for Vista...nah you don't need it and on a budget computer gaming wouldn't be that great if you were running vista anyway....

I believe he said that he wanted halo 2, and correct me if i am wrong but dont u need vista to play halo 2?

If you were going to spend $400, on those upgrades, you can build a new decent computer that's better for $400.

A new computer would be leaps and bounds better than your current one....even one built on a 500 dollar budget.

Also there are some very good free antivirus/protection programs out there....Avast! is one....and Ashampoo Firewall is a free firewall.....

yes better than my current one..der...lol but would all those mods (now excluding Vista) be the same as a computer bought around the same budget or the same budget plus w.e. i coudl sell my current comp for? my current one is a dimension 2400.

If you were to buy a totally new computer, it would have 2 cores (each core being faster than your cuurent processor) and also be much more upgradable in the future.

I believe he said that he wanted halo 2, and correct me if i am wrong but dont u need vista to play halo 2?

Do you really? That doesn't really seem right to me although I did look on the back of a halo 2 case today (they had boxes for prerelease) and it said vista required.

But how? Is it DX10 ONLY? If so, how stupid is that? They're eliminating 90+ % of gamers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom