Noob needing help upgrading Comp. $250 budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were going to spend $400, on those upgrades, you can build a new decent computer that's better for $400.

okay, thats really good to know. uhmmm any chance you could give me a link to a site that u can custom order a comp? or someone on here could put together a list of what i would need to buy, staying in the budget of course, but how much can i sell my current computer for?

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TFORCE 550 Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 550 MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ Brisbane 1.9GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 Processor - Retail
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory - Retail
Newegg.com - FSP Group (Fortron Source) AX400-PN, RoHS, 12cm FAN, version 2.2, 2 SATA, 20+ 4 pin, PCI Express, 400W Power Supply - Retail
Newegg.com - EVGA 256-P2-N615-TX GeForce 7600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

That's less than $400 right there, and is way better than your current computer. $343.96 to be exact w/o shipping. You can just use your hard drive and optical drive from your old computer, and put it in this one(But you would have to erase everything on that hard drive and reinstall Windows). And just pick a cheap case. And you pretty much have an overall, better system.

lol idk what is right. thats why i am on these forums now lol >.<

(LOOK AT 2ND POST ABOVE THIS PLLLLZZZZ) lol..

well, i think the x850xt is just a bit better than the 7600, but i am not quite sure. let b1gpal and sora find out. but i would sell it to u for cheap rather than buying from newegg and waiting for the shipping.

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TFORCE 550 Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 550 MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
This is the motherboard, where everything is connected to.

Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ Brisbane 1.9GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 Processor - Retail
This is the processor. The brain of the computer.

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory - Retail
This is the memory. This is where data is stored, so the processor, doesn't have to travel all the way to the hard drive to get all the info.

Newegg.com - FSP Group (Fortron Source) AX400-PN, RoHS, 12cm FAN, version 2.2, 2 SATA, 20+ 4 pin, PCI Express, 400W Power Supply - Retail
This is the power supply, which supplies the power to your computer.

Newegg.com - EVGA 256-P2-N615-TX GeForce 7600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail
This is the graphic card. It is needed for gaming.

well if i am just moding my computer why would i need that?? i already have one.
Yes you do have one already, but chances are you need to upgrade it to power this new system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom