Noob needing help upgrading Comp. $250 budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z e i g

In Runtime
i want to get Halo2/1 for my computer but i know that it can't handle that. (couldn't even play Guild Wars)

*would my graphics card handle it?
*do i need more RAM?
*WHAT DO I NEED TO GET IT TO WORK?!?

What do i need to get my computer to handle this game? i am willing to buy hardware. I just don't want to go to the computer store and have a salesman con me into buying crap i don't need cuz i only have about $250 to spend at most.

I need someone also to tell me where to go in my comp to find what ever you may need to know.

P.S.- what causes lag of a 3D game? i have a great net connection. Could it be a graphics card or somthing? if i am wroung lol it just shows that i just started this and don't know much of what i am doin.

Plz help (noob charity help? lol)

yea that is why i said you would have to tell me how to get my comp info. where to i go on my computer to get that? sorry..

Get a program called CPU-Z. Just google it, and it will tell you a lot of info. Just tell us the processor, motherboard, how much ram you have. You also need to tell us your graphics card. Just right-click anywhere on the desktop and go to properties, and then the settings tab. It will usually tell you right there. For the power supply, you have to open up the side panel, and tell us the brand and model, how much wattage, and if possible the +12v rails.

Okay i did all of that, this is mostly what i got...don't knwo what it all means but that is what is there. I

If i deleted alot of unused files and programs on my desktop will that speed up my comp? Also, my friend might be able to get me a new graphics card, what kind would your recomend and what would it help mostly with, lag, Graphics (der), somthing else?

name- Intel Pentium 4
Package-478 mPGA
technology-o.12um
specification intel(r) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.53GHz
family-F
Model-2
Stepping-7
Ext. Family-F
Ext. Model-2
Revision-C1

CLOCKS----
Core Speed- 2525.2 MHz
Multiplir- X 19.0
Bus Speed- 132.9 MHz
Rated FSB 531.6 Mhz

Memory---
Type-DDR
Soze-256 MBytes

Frequency 166.1 MHz

SPD---
Module Siz- 256MBytes
Correction- None
Max Bandwidth- PC2700 (166 MHz)
Manufacture date- [2004]

whoa...definitely a ram upgrade. You only have 256mb, and that's unacceptable for gaming.

For gaming, you should have at least 1gb.

I'm guessing your graphic card is AGP.

What you can do is spend $50 for a 1gb stick, and the rest for a graphic card. But if it were me, that system should not be invested in anymore, and I would save up for a new computer. You can make a way better system than that for like $300-500, because that system is really dated.

But if you can't then, just upgrade the ram and graphic card. And if you want to play Halo 2, you need Vista like Phase-Six said.

yeah sorry buddy...your puter is a dinosaur. Saving up and doing a budget build is a MUCH better option. (around 500 at least i would say)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom