Noob looking for help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha you can never have enough tf2!!!!! and i'd recommend starting with either python or visual basic to get the hang of things, then move onto c++ or java, or php depending on what you wanna program. games are done mostly in c++, java and php are more internet based programming languages, and then mysql for databases and such. I'd toy around with VB and python get the hang of it and then move up from there to a more complex language.

May I suggest you try learning Java , that's the first language I've learned and I must say it's very easy to learn and you can find alot of information on the web

And personally I'm not a fan of starting with VB as in my experience VB is hardly used in the real world ( but then again this is only my opinion )

i agree with you in that VB isn't used much in the real world, it has it's place though with like minor things, for instance we used it at my high school to make a program to set default printers on log in. But yeah I definitely wouldn't recommend spending years using VB and being able to code anything in it at the drop of a hat unless you want to be a teacher in it. I find that it's a nice starter language that lets you worry about more important things like learning about things that you'll use all throughout programming like if statements, loops and arrays without getting bogged down by having to write code for an entire program.

but if you're the kind of person that wants to just jump into the deep end then vb isn't for you, because there really isn't a huge market for VB programmers.

Learn from people who have real-life experience. Reading technical books is necessary, but to really learn the ins-and-outs find people who know a lot more than you do, and pay attention to their expertise. Iron sharpens iron. And pay attention to what's going on in technology (new breakthroughs, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom