Noob looking for computer building advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flipppppyyy

Beta member
Hey, I've been planning to get a new computer for a while, and finally decided to get to it.

I have really no idea at all about building computers, but I'm basically looking for a gaming computer for around $400, right now I mainly just play World of Warcraft and looking for something that could play that well, but if my computer would be capable I'd like to start getting into some FPS's like CoD:BO, or BFBC2.

I was talking to a friend and he gave me the outline for a computer he was gonna buy, but didn't.

Processor
Motherboard
Graphics Card
Power Supply
Case

Now I know this computer doesn't have a CD Drive or Hard Drive, for CD Drive I just want anything cheap that gets the job done. And I probably don't need much memory on my Hard Drive, anything around 200GBs should be more than enough. Right now the stuff I linked is a total of $263, and I couldn't imagine the CD Drive and Hard Drive being too much so I could probably throw like $100 more in there, probably in the Graphics Card. Also the case seems kinda expensive so if anyone has any better suggestions there, that would be great.

Oh, and I already have two of these RAMs with me, so can't really change those.

So any help would be greatly appreciated, because I'm pretty lost right now and don't want to end up making any mistakes with this, thanks for your time ;)

Actually, now that I think about it I could probably push that budget up to about $500, so use that instead.

HardOCP said:
With the PHD650, Diablotek seemingly tried to polish a turd with a turd and as such we got the expected outcome, a pile of crap. Given the horrible build quality of the unit and poor component selection of the unit that is hardly a startling result. With a current price of ~$49.99, users would be better off taking their cash and setting it on fire rather than buying this unit. There is quite literally no price point or situation where the Diablotek PHD650 should be a consideration for users as it failed almost every test possible today. Retailers and e-tailers should be ashamed to be selling such a product.
There's no reason to think the Diablotek 450 is going to be better than the 650.

This is Corsairs cheapest model of power supply. Because it's "cheaper" it may have a higher failure rate than there more expensive models. But it's better than all the other "Cheaper Brands" and Corsair has excellent customer support if you do have a problem.

Newegg.com - CORSAIR Builder Series CMPSU-500CX 500W ATX12V v2.3 Active PFC Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom