Noob Computer Builder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBDustin15

Solid State Member
Case: Still want to be able to fit my tower in my desk ( 20L,12W, 23H), that is why I am not going with full. (Probably a bad idea due to overheating?) Also don't plan on using liquid cooled technology. Will all my components fit?
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER HAF 922 RC-922M-KKN1-GP Black Steel + Plastic and Mesh Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Or
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Storm Scout SGC-2000-KKN1-GP Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

I prefer the storm for the size and looks, I probably will switch out the all the fans to BLUE coolmaster fans. (Keyboard/Mouse Glows blue gotta match.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Motherboard: Will this fit in the cases listed above? Compatible with my RAM and CPU?
Newegg.com - ASUS Crosshair IV Formula AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Processor: Compatible with Motherboard?
Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Thuban 3.3GHz, 3.7GHz Turbo 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDE00ZFBR BOX
Video Card: Is this a good one? Would you guys recommend other? I am not aware of crossfire or SLI technology. I don't know anything about it.
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100312SR Radeon HD 6950 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity
CD/DVD+RW: Should I get two?
Newegg.com - ASUS Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - CD / DVD Burners
Power Supply: Should I go bigger so I won't have to upgrade in the future?
Newegg.com - CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply
Sound Card: Umm this ok? lol
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy SE at TigerDirect.com
RAM/Memory: Is this RAM compatible with my motherboard? Also should I get more than 8GB?
Patriot PGV38G1333ELK Gaming i5 8GB PC10666 RAM - DDR3, 1333MHz, 2x4096MB, 9-9-9-24 at TigerDirect.com
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Operating System: Any other OS that is specifically better for gaming?
Windows 7 64 bit

Should I get one of those Fan control/temperature gauge things? They seem to go in the same place as a DVD Drive. I have no idea what they are called.

Any additional wires I need for this build?

Any suggestions about my build? What would you change and why?

A little about myself:

This is my first build ever. I do have some experience, I have installed a Video Card, Sound Card, Ethernet Card (Back when most computers didn't come with it), Power Supply, and RAM. I have always bought my computers pre-built, and have had a Gateway FX for the last 5 years. I am looking to build my own system. I have no experience with overclocking, setting up BIOS, or setting up Operating System. I will always help with what I can, and hope you guys will do the same for me. Thanks.

I can't read the text in your image. Please post links to the actual components and not just an image.

I'm not really much on AMD systems but I'm sure someone else show up to help.

Both of those cases will work OK, the choice is your.

That motherboard will work with that cpu.

I'm also not much on ATI/AMD video cards, but the 6950 should play any game available now just fine.

I have (2) optical drives, dvd and blu-ray, but 2 drives are not needed.

This Corsair 750 watt power supply is priced right.
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

The built-in sound on most modern motherboards is pretty good. You should try it out 1st before you buy a dedicated sound card.

I would go with DDR3 1600 memory. This 8GB kit is priced pretty good.
Newegg.com - CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9

I have the storm scout case, and it is great. It's a quality build all around.

the power supply is fine, but for as much as youre spending on everything else, you might as well get the 750 watt corsair.

if you want 2 optical drives, make one of them a blue ray player.

i didnt see a hard drive. Id go for a WD black 1 TB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom