Noob build help

Status
Not open for further replies.

babespad

Beta member
I have this laptop
Sony | For Business | VGN-AW180Y/Q

i want to build a desktop thats just like it for the most parts

i am not a gamer but i like my computer to be fast and multi task. i watch movies and videos

tell me the parts i gotta but to build a desktop like this (ex. case, psu, gpu, and so on)

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Re: Noob Help With Laptop

do you want to build, or would a pre-built system work out the same... there are some very nice systems out there that run fast and are not expensive... if you don't game and are not going to do anything needing graphical power, then I would suggest one of these types... building is nice yes, and you get to know your system, but if you just need a machine for home, then building might be more expensive than you want it to be. Newegg has some decent systems...

But if you want to build, then by all means we can help... :)

Newegg.com - Acer Aspire AM3641-ED7200A Core 2 Duo E7200(2.53GHz) 4GB DDR2 500GB NVIDIA GeForce 7100 Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit (English / French) - Desktop PCs

Re: Noob Help With Laptop

do you want to build, or would a pre-built system work out the same... there are some very nice systems out there that run fast and are not expensive... if you don't game and are not going to do anything needing graphical power, then I would suggest one of these types... building is nice yes, and you get to know your system, but if you just need a machine for home, then building might be more expensive than you want it to be. Newegg has some decent systems...

But if you want to build, then by all means we can help... :)

Newegg.com - Acer Aspire AM3641-ED7200A Core 2 Duo E7200(2.53GHz) 4GB DDR2 500GB NVIDIA GeForce 7100 Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit (English / French) - Desktop PCs
yes please help me pick ou the parts b/c i want to build it my self. i dont know how to mesure equvalent desktop parts that r on the laptop.

Wow nice laptop its no problem and desktop are always way cheaper then laptops do you have a budget?

Provisionally
Cpu: E8400
Ram: 4gb (the corsair xms2 DHX are on offer atm on newegg)
hdd: 1x320gb drive and 1x1.5tb so that you can back up your blu-ray disks
mobo: p45 chipset (gigabyte or biostar)
graphics: 4830 with hdmi out (to connect to your tv)
psu: 500w
Soundcard = possibility but I would wait until the auzentech true hd one comes out so you can get real hdd performance
Optical drive: blu-ray drive $100
hsf: True 120 extreme (dependent on case)
case: Lian li or silverstone brand I think you will like
Monitor: TV or a 22-24" will do standard HD or blu ray content natively as high def tvs aren't very high def in the computing world

You don't actually need blu ray playback on a desktop though as you have it on your laptop and can then plug it in to a tv or a monitor if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom