No Signal Detected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natalie105

Baseband Member
I've just finished building my pc, went to turn it on, powered up fine, fans working and everything, but on the monitor it reads 'no signal detected'. I've got the cables plugged into the right place too...

Any suggestions?

Motherboard: ASUS P5N73-AM
Graphics Card: Built in Motherboard (GeForce 7050 or something)

Do you have power into both the 24 pin and additional 4 pin on the motherboard? By any chance does your monitor have different inputs like vga, dvi and hdmi and perhaps the input selector on the monitor is on the wrong input?

Do you have power into both the 24 pin and additional 4 pin on the motherboard? By any chance does your monitor have different inputs like vga, dvi and hdmi and perhaps the input selector on the monitor is on the wrong input?

I have the power in the 24 pin and 4 pin. I put the 4-pin socket in that's near the CPU, then I put the power in the longest socket (which must be the 24 pin one) There were two parts for it, a large one and a small 4 pin one which fitted together when in line so I put both of them in. My monitor only has one input which is the blue coloured lead.

Did you mount the motherboard on the risers? Any chance of metal touching under the board causing a short?

You should be hearing a post beep of some sort. Disconnect everything except cpu, ram, front panel connections and psu to see if we can get it to post and get into bios. After that we will add back cd, hd, usb and other peripheries you may have.

I've got it sorted now :] I just took one of the memory sticks out and it worked, then I put it back in and it was fine which was strange! Although now I am having problems installing an OS on it as a BSOD comes up everytime! I think that may be an old CD/DVD drive that I've got in becuase the one I ordered was out of stock so I'll just wait until that comes and try again :]

Thanks for your help!

Did you mount the motherboard on the risers? Any chance of metal touching under the board causing a short?

You should be hearing a post beep of some sort. Disconnect everything except cpu, ram, front panel connections and psu to see if we can get it to post and get into bios. After that we will add back cd, hd, usb and other peripheries you may have.

Hey, hi.

I have the exact same problem (no beep when I power on) and I have done a barebones test and still no beep.

By that I mean I disconnected everything but RAM, MB, Processor, PS, Monitor and Keyboard, and still no beep.

The MB is Asus P5N73-AM
processor - Intel Pentium DC E5200 2.5GHz.

I assembled it myself. Please help, I'm at my wits end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom