No power but Northbridge is hot. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 02:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Default No power but Northbridge is hot.

Hey all,
I put a new PSU in this morning. Antec True 430 Trio. Had it running earlier. Now it won't start but the northbridge gets hot?? So I am to assume there is power but nothing is spinning. Any ideas would be great. I've taken the board out and set it aside to see if it was shorting. Took out the ram for a beep but nada. Reset everything on the board. My roms don't get power either.

Old 04-12-2007, 03:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Default Re: No power but Northbridge is hot.

cpu seated right?

Old 04-12-2007, 05:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie

It's not a new build. Everything worked before. PSU went. Replaced it with a new Antec and mpw it finally powers on but then nothing. I don't hear the HD and tried a new one and still nada. My power switch was bad so replaced that. Set my jumpers to clear CMOS and still nothing. Everything is running but still can't power to roms. Runs all fans and g card.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Monster Techie

so you didn't touch the cpu...just assuming of course...because I messed around with mone of my computers...had the cpu off of it for maybe 3 months...put it back and powered it up and thought I killed my computer. Turns out it wasn't seated correctly

So second basic thought...is their a little connector for the mobo...does the mobo have such a connector? Seeing if that is being missed.

Only times I ever mess with jumpers are when I test around with overclocking and mess things up.
Closed Thread