nice joystick

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hello

I wanted to get a nice joystick which would be good for first player shoots as well as flight simulators

Is the functionality of the joystick dependent on the OS, what i mean to ask is would i need to check if the joystick will work with windows xp

Yes, you need to know if it works with your OS, though most will work with XP. Check if it works on the Windows XP HCL listing found here. Whatever you buy, check it from there.

As for a joystick, I have the Logitech Attack 3 and it rocks. I've heard of it failing though...like some of the buttons would stop working. For one day, my throttle control failed, but it came back later 0_0. I still LOVE it, it looks like the traditional joystick and still looks cool with 10+ buttons. It rocks. It used to be $33 when I bought it, so its crazy that its freakin $16 now...crazy. One thing that the Attack 3 lacks though..you can't control the plane on the X-axis (aka. The Rudder). You can roll it and lift it, but you can't slide it. You'd have to use the "A" and "D" keys to do that.

If you're looking for something a bit more advanced or something...theres the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. Its a bit flashier than the Attack 3, but I haven't used it myself so I can't comment. The price also went down for this. I believe that this joystick CAN slide and turn across the X-axis.

Saitek PS30. Looks good, but if you look at the pics, theres something next to the handle on the joystick that personally would bug me. I haven't used it, so I don't know what it is...but its there...ugh...

thanks for the reply

the joysticks that you have sugested are good for flight simulators.

will i need individual joysticks for FPS and flight simulators

Yea, they'll work with both but I don't know how you can play a FPS with a joystick, lol. If you can, more power to you, but I prefer a mouse.

Get the X52's it has a throttle with it too and is just inherently badass. look it up on google or newegg and you'll knwo what i mean.

Why would you WANT to? A mouse is better than anything...Well, not for flying planes, but for FPS a mouse is better than anything.

I have a Logitech WingMan Force 3D Joystick that works very well. It has a ton of buttons, feels good to use, and it has force feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom