Next upgrade is scaring me.
I am about to upgrade again, and i have a few options
My current system is:
Athlon x2 3800+ (SKT 939)
Corsair XMS ddr 400
now, i have 2 options, i can get a HD radeon 3850 AGP to replace the one i had that just died
i can get an Asrock AliveNF6P-VSTA Nforce 430 Motherboard with AMD x2 5400+ Black Edition CPU
now at first glance, it seems obvious, the Asrock mobo / cpu is a huge upgrade, and AGP is dead, im at the end of the road with this AGP rig.
but i'll be stuck with a 7300GS if i get the mobo/cpu combo
(the price is roughly the same, 130~ shipped for either one)
so, i'll either have to deal with onboard gphx untill my friend sends me a 7300gs, and deal with that 7300 untill i buy a 4850 in a few weeks
or i get the 3850 and enjoy the big frame boost immediately, instead of waiting
any input is welcome and appreciated