Next Upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnelson07

In Runtime
Alright, I want to upgrade my computer some more but I've already got a lot of the near topline stuff. Below is the list of my setup, please read through and help me decide one what my next upgrade should be.

Mobo: ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe
Proc: AMD Athlon 64 4000+
RAM: 2GB Corsair XMS
VCard: BFG 7800GT
HSink: Thermalright XP-120
Monit: Dell 2005FPW
PSU: Arrow 550W
Spkrs: Some old Altec Lansings
Case: Thermaltake XaserIII

Things I've considered is a 2nd BFG 7800GT. But, in upgrading that I'd probably need another PSU... obviously an SLI approved one. If not that (because that would be ~$400-450 upgrade) some new speakers, probably the Logitech Z550's unless you guys know of some better ones. Lastly, a new case of some sort. I like a lot of air flow, so I've looked in to the CoolerMaster CM Stacker 830, and the ThermalTake Armor (similar, little less quality but cheaper). Anyways, I know I've given you guys a lot to decide on, but maybe now you understand why I can't seem to decide on what should be my next uprgrade and what would benefit me the most. Thanks a lot guy, I appreciate your input very much.

what is your budget, and what is your ultimate goal? Are you planning to upgrade because you are not please with the performance of your PC? If your PC is running fine, and all games run smoothly & crystal clear, I would say to hold off on the upgrades, as you can wait longer, and pic up a 2nd 7800 GT for cheaper in the future when you need it, rather than throw down on one now and not notice much of a difference...

As far a airflow.... what about getting a smaller case, and going water cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom