Next Step... A Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Condar

Solid State Member
Greetings all!

Let me begin by thanking everyone on these forums for the IMMENSE amount of help building my first computer this past summer... I had a blast. Besides receiving a faulty video card, I had no problems, thanks to the wealth of knowledge I gathered here from you guys.

So now that I've built a great gaming PC, I don't really want to stop. In addition to building the PC, I set up my first network (wireless). Next time I'm home (I attend a military academy), I'd like to build a PVR so I can record stuff at home and then download it up here since we have no television.

Now I've found some great resources on building a PVR, but I'd like to setup a small server as well in my wireless network. When searching for resources, though, all I found were articles from years ago (1999-2001).

Thus, I was wondering if anyone had some links to updated resources, and had any ideas of what basic components to look for. I assume I need a half-decent CPU, some good memory, and obviously lots of storage. What else?

Thanks in advance,
-James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom