Newegg Sale on 750GB hard drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

35g700

rustle rustle
I got a e-mail from newegg (and i'm sure many of you have gotten it too) that has two hard drives that are 750GB for $99! I have decided to buy one for the rig that I am ever so slowly putting together. One is Seagate the other is WD, they are both good brands but I don't know which one I should buy so I was wondering which one do you guys think is better? here are the links

Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 (Perpendicular Recording) ST3750640AS 750GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA-300 Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 HD753LJ 750GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

Thats a Samsung Spinpoint not a WD ;)

The Samsung has 16mb more Cache, however the WD has a little lower write time (by like .1)

Seagate
Cache: 16MB
Average Seek Time: 8.5ms
Average Write Time: 10ms
Average Latency: 4.16ms

Samsung
Cache: 32MB
Average Seek Time: 8.9ms
Average Latency: 4.17ms

Both are good, I'd take the extra cache though even though its a tiny bit slower

EDIT: Newegg.com Newsletter - 24-Hour Exclusive Savings on Our Most Requested Deals!

Heres the whole deal for everybody to see and so everybody gets some nice discounts

The warranty is 2 years longer on the Seagate which is always very nice. But 3 yrs on the Samsung is still pretty good and I think I'd rather have the bigger cache myself.

Ha ha I cant believe I mixed up the WD and the Samsung lol.

thanks for the help though.

Samsung's are also known quite well for being very quiet drives, Vaanish says they go great with HTPC's

I have 5 of those seagates in my media pc and you cant hear them. Personally i just prefer seagates because i havent ever had any fail on me. I paid 190 each for them when i bought mine though :( Stupid technology and price drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom