newegg to canada? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 06:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Master Techie

Default newegg to canada?

sorry i donno where to post this.. off-topic only fitting place but it is related to hardware... mods feel free to move it..

anyways, so i sent an email asking newegg if they have any plans to ship to canada.. and this is what they said:

"...Please kindly note that we are preparing to ship orders to Canada, however, we are unable to provide you the exactly time when we will finally extend our market to Canada. We will post the news on our website when it becomes available."

this is good news for us canadians!! lets hope we dont' get screwed over in the customs hehe.

didn't take long for them to reply, they replied to me at like 2:30am.. wow newegg really rocks! hehehe

Old 04-10-2006, 08:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member (again)

Send a message via AIM to macdude425 Send a message via Yahoo to macdude425

...uhhhh...I wouldn't get your hopes up. Newegg's been saying they're "preparing" to ship to Canada since at least September.

Debian Support Forums!
Old 04-10-2006, 08:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Master Techie

thats not bad, even if it takes another 6 months or so.. as long as they eventually plan to. in the future we'll surely benefit, or at least pressure local business or w/e to compete!! (i still don't know why we pay more for the same junk. do the manufacturers charge more to canadian dealers? or are the canadian dealers just d!ckheads? or am i missing a peice of the puzzle?)
Old 04-10-2006, 09:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via MSN to CntdwnToExtn

Quote:
Originally posted by aliasaid
thats not bad, even if it takes another 6 months or so.. as long as they eventually plan to. in the future we'll surely benefit, or at least pressure local business or w/e to compete!! (i still don't know why we pay more for the same junk. do the manufacturers charge more to canadian dealers? or are the canadian dealers just d!ckheads? or am i missing a peice of the puzzle?)
anitec.ca
not as much stuff as tigerdirect.ca but waaay better prices w/ no provincal tax if your outside of BC
[119.1439] CntdwnToExtn panic - no beer: Fridge empty!

Old 04-10-2006, 12:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master Techie

That Newegg to Canada crap has been floating around for about a year or more,It's not going to happen any time soon,Even if it doe's come it will probably still cost us more with shipping and custom's crap,And then if something goe's wrong you have to pay shipping again to RMA it
Old 04-10-2006, 09:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master Techie

Quote:
anitec.ca
not as much stuff as tigerdirect.ca but waaay better prices w/ no provincal tax if your outside of BC
ya i bought some stuff from anitec.. depending which components you're getting they can have the best prices... there's no one store that has best prices... different components differ.. i bought my cpu and 6600gt from there.. it was the cheapest around. i live in BC so i had to pay provincial tax. i know with canadacomputers.com don't charge me PST since i live in BC, hehe.

Quote:
That Newegg to Canada crap has been floating around for about a year or more,It's not going to happen any time soon,Even if it doe's come it will probably still cost us more with shipping and custom's crap,And then if something goe's wrong you have to pay shipping again to RMA it
hehe ya its the customs where we'll prolly get screwed... but we'll really never know how good or bad it'll be till they finally do open up
Old 04-10-2006, 10:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to talldude123

i think only NCIX and Tiger Direct are available to Canada, and will be for serveral years now.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Master Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by talldude123
i think only NCIX and Tiger Direct are available to Canada, and will be for serveral years now.
there are a lot of other computer stores...

canadacomputers.com
anitec.ca
cancomputer.com
a-power.net
and a lot more..

btw.. if you're from canada why are we using newegg in your other thread..?