Newbie needs a $600 computer build, please

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin2041

Baseband Member
I'm trying to build a new computer with a $600 budget and that includes everything in the computer (motherboard, cpu, ram, gfx card, hdd, case, psu, etc).

The case doesn't have to be very flashy, just a basic case will work fine.

I know this is probably a lot to ask for, but I'm hoping someone here with experience can help me out.

and

I also may want to upgrade my existing computer's CPU. It currently has an Abit Fatal1ty FP-IN9 SLI motherboard. I was just wondering if there are compatibility issues with the motherboard and a CPU. I mean, I know that the box says Intel on it, but I was wondering if you can still use AMD processors (just out of curiosity).

and

I'm also wondering whether there are compatibility issues between motherboards and RAM / Graphics cards in general. If I were to switch out my graphics card, would there be mass chaos between my drivers?

again, sorry for asking so much in one post. I used to be fairly fluent with this stuff, but haven't followed and new technology trends or had the need to make another computer, therefore am now a complete noob.

If anyone can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks a lot!
kevin2041

If you want to upgrade your current systems cpu you could use any 65m Core 2 Duo or Core 2 Quad. AMD cpu's use different sockets so they are not compatible with your motherboard.

As long as the motherboard has the correct expansion slot the graphics card will be compatible.

O_O I can't believe I forgot that AMD uses different sockets, I'm so stupid =(. This is what happens when you don't care for a long time xD ahha

anyways, thanks a lot =D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom