Newbie build, researched and still not a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

steven9892

Beta member
Ok here is what I will be doing on my computer. I will not be gaming or over clocking at all. I do a lot of surfing the web with multiple sites open at once. I download music, movies, and run office applications. I am just looking for a good computer that will outperform a store bought one. If I bought one from a store my budget would be $1200 with a monitor. I figure I can build a better computer for $800 and have the rest for a great monitor. I am not factoring in the keyboard, mouse, printer, or cables, separate budget. I posted this on another board and I got crucified for not picking out components.

I have researched, read, and gotten my hands on everything I can. The problem is that there are so many options out there that I am thoroughly confused as how to approach this. Like AMD have so many different processors.

I figure if I can get some good leads on a processor (sounds like AMD is the way to go, cheaper, better performance), motherboard, and video card (I am not gaming and could care less if my speaker sound is great, do I need one?). I figure once I have a good idea on how to shop for these I will be on my way. I do understand power supply, ram, cooling, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am just a person looking for advice.

Steve

I don't know how quiet you like to have your drives but I hear that lite on drives are super loud

Well if he sin't gaming then why is he getting that x2? Just get an Athlon 64 3200+. Either way. That 6200tc is reallt bad it doesnt have onboard memory it usues the memory from the ram and that is bad. Get a 6600 instead its like only $100 for my Asus 6600. At least get a 6200 regular so it wont leach memory.

-U.T. Aaron

reason for the x2 3800 was he said he liked to have a lot of windows open movies and music etc.... and with a gig of ram the videocard will do fine for his needs and still stay in the budget

it seems he's a application type of guy i recommend 2 gigs and BiGyLiLuPdAmIdL is right 6200tc sucks atleast have 6600, and the corsair value ram does not qualify dual channel memory configuration by the motherboard according to asus's qualify vendor list, so get the Kingston ValueRAM 1GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom