NEWBIA building a system

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewire

Beta member
First lets me say that I'm a NEWBIE and i mean NEWBIA building a system OK Basically,I have bought:
GIGABYTE GA-8N-SLI Motherboard Intel 775 and going to buy Intel Pentium D930 or 940 ? now here is were
i need your help what size of Memory is best for this motherboard also im looking for a
Video Graphics Card ?? im add 2 Western Digital IDE Hard Drives 160 /260 GB and dvd burner / cd-writer
again let me just say that im a NEWBIE and if you think that this sound ???? ?? im sorry but
please this would be much appreciated for any help you give me Thank You happy holidays :happy:

That motherboard is a little old and I'm not even sure it supports core 2 duo, but can't do much now since you already bought it. Also don't get that pentium D get the newer dual cores instead. Much better:
Newegg.com - Intel Dual-Core E2140 Allendale 1.6GHz 1MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail

For ram you are going to need ddr2 ram. the speed will be 667mhz on that motherboard. 2x 1 gb sticks should be plenty. Look for any ram that says ddr2 667 and you should be fine. Also for videocards if you like to game go with an 8800gt. It is at the top of the line right now and you can find a good deal on one for like around 270.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom