newb at mobo install doesnt beep

Status
Not open for further replies.

briin79

Beta member
i have an emachines t2542. it uses a p4 2.5gh and 478 atx mobo. while on it it shut off on me, turned it on, locked up, turned it on shut off. the next day no power. i replaced the psu. didnt turn on. i ordered a asus p4v8x-mx 478 mobo. replaced it and it powered on (fans and light only) called tech support for asus (useless didnt know crap uhhh ummmm uhhhhh) there are no beeps when i turn it on. on the old mobo there is a hint of whiteness on the opposite side where the cpu was. barely able to see it coming from 4 pins (here most people would say its a fried cpu) but id like to know for sure. i heard p4 turn off b4 overheating(prob what it did when i kept turning it on in the first place) but the power supply did go bad replaced it,replaced mobo anyways, and now did it fry the cpu? would i be able to hear beeps if the cpu didnt work? do all mobo's have the capability of giving beeps or did i get a special one that doesnt? please help thanks alot.

i already payed it forward. The same day i helped this poor lady at work get her sons coputer running my computer that was stable (as much as it could be for an emachines) for 7 years goes out on me. i got her sons to work and thats what im using right now to ask this. thanks for any help

you should be able to hear beeps even if hte cpu don't work. The mobo takes care of the beeping. However check and make sure the speaker is in there right. If its not that might be a issue of y your not hearing it. Does the screen display anythign while it is on? IF it doesn't then it might end up being a ram problem however if ur psu did go bad the cpu might go bad as well.

Also you well need to but a fresh install of windows since u have new hardware (motherboard) if u didn't do that. It might simply be overheating.

If it is overheating make sure the fan and everything is working and pluged in. Also when u first start the computer up does is it on longer then shuts off then when u restart it, does it like shut off at a shorter point? If it does that then it might be overheating.

Also when the psu went out it could have fired hte psu also. There has been cases of that happening when psus go bad. However before you spend anymroe money just make sure you check every possible thing. :D

thanx for the reply im buying a new p4 chip. i doesnt pick up the video on the moniter. nuthing happens when i boot. if i can open my cd rom does that mean the cpu is good? cuz thats the only thing ican do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom