new video card should arrive today. quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.

korky122

In Runtime
nividia 7900gt. what drivers should i download. the new beta drivers. keep the ones i have now. i think its 77.... or something like that. also if i have to where can i download a driver cleaner, and will it erase just the video driver or all of them.

thanks.

If you came from an older Nvidia card, go into safe mode and uninstall the old drivers from add or remove in control panel. Install the latest ones off the Nvidia site.

Going from ATI to Nvidia or vice versa than I would format, but you can use the driver cleaner which is probally avaliable from guru3d.

Trifid said:

Going from ATI to Nvidia or vice versa than I would format, but you can use the driver cleaner which is probally avaliable from guru3d.

Wow that's extreme, I have found going from one brand to another is easier then upgrading with in a brand because the other brands drivers don't interfer with newer ones as much. This is a good driver cleaner (its what nvidia recommends) run that after removing all video card programs from the add/remove programs list.

i download the new beta drivers from nividia. they work very well. thanks eveyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom